- Achter Articles
Dr. Paul Achter recently published a piece on "The Wire" on Huffington Post, and "Reluctant Conquests: Media Events and the End of the Iraq War.” in the forthcoming book, Communicative Perspective on the Military: Messages, Strategies, Meanings.
- Barney publishes article
Dr. Timothy Barney published "'A Tale of Two Vaclavs': Rhetorical History and the Concept of 'Return' in Post-Communist Czech Leadership." in Advances in the History of Rhetoric, Special Issue: Rhetorics of '1989' and After: Rhetorical Archaeologies of Political Transition.
- New Maurantonio Article
Dr. Nicole Maurantonio recently published "Remembering Rodney King: Myth, Racial Reconciliation, and Civil Rights History" in Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly
- Mifsud publishes two new books
Dr. Mari Lee Mifsud will publish A Revolution in Tropes: Alliosotrophic Rhetoric and Rhetoric and the Gift: Ancient Rhetorical Theory and Contemporary Communication. Both are due to be released in 2015.
- Barney Publishes Book
Timothy Barney's book, Mapping the Cold War: Cartography and the Framing of America's International Power will soon be published by UNC Press.
Scholarship Repository Readership
The University of Richmond's Scholarship Repository shares faculty publications with a world-wide audience. The map below shows where articles from RhCS faculty are being read around the globe.
RhCS Feature Stories
Student engages with the local Richmond community through internship with Richmond Peace Education Center
Ryan Rinn, '04, works as community organizer and urban planner in the city of Richmond
Student research aims to understand inter-male communication
Senior interdisciplinary major Bianca Nikic reflects on a personal and rewarding academic journey
Alumna is putting her leadership studies and community-based learning knowledge to work in higher education
Examining television's effect on cultural memory ultimately exposes Swedish students to cultural memory of U.S.
- Screening of A Bright Shining LieSep097:00 PM - 9:00 PMThe Journalism Department will screen the movie A Bright Shining Lie, with guest speaker, Pulitzer Prize-winning war... Continue reading
- Screening of PlatoonSep237:00 PM - 9:00 PMThe Journalism Department presents a screening of the movie Platoon.... Continue reading
- Mapping the Cold WarOct065:00 PM - 6:30 PMProfessor Tim Barney’s new book Mapping the Cold War explores how maps articulate American national interests and... Continue reading
- Screening of We Were SoldiersOct077:00 PM - 9:00 PMThe Journalism Department screens the film We Were Soliders, with guest speaker newspaper correspondent and columnist... Continue reading
- Screening of The Hanoi HiltonOct217:00 PM - 9:00 PMThe Journalism Department screens the movie The Hanoi Hilton with guest speaker, Paul Galanti, an American P.O.W. during... Continue reading
- Women Presidents Around the WorldOct284:30 PM - 6:00 PMThe Rhetoric and Communication Studies Department welcomes Belinda A. Stillion Southard from the University of Georgia.... Continue reading
- Screening of Full Metal JacketNov117:00 PM - 9:00 PMThe Journalism Department will screen the movie Full Metal Jacket.... Continue reading